CARD DECLINED

Today I will describe to you the fantastic series of fails I’ve experienced over the past 24h. Let’s say I’m using you as my therapist. Soz.

Yesterday I started my day feeling very anxious, as I knew I was going to have to set up a huge experiment in lab. My boss had warned me that it was going to be a long day. Turns out I had to stay focused for 11h, with a 20 min break for lunch and two toilet/drinking breaks. I wanted to cry. But it’s my first week in that lab. So I pulled myself together and cried at home. Win. Because I worked such long hours I missed swimming, which infuriated me, especially as the big race against Oxford is approaching at a speedier pace than I’d like it to. Every session counts. Which is why I got up before 6 today to go training. I could hardly sleep the night before because I was nervous about the delivery of my double bed, which could happen at any point between 7 am and 8 pm the following day and if I were in the water during the delivery that would have been very very awkward. So anyway. I got up. At 6:30am there was no sign of our coach at the pool. Neither at 6:45am, when we decided to leave. Fantastic. I went for a run. Lost my uni card on the run. Came back, and went for brunch. During brunch I crashed because I hadn’t slept. Tried to get a new uni card. Can't order it before monday. Great. Then the bed company called me and cancelled my delivery. Great. Then I went home to try and catch up on sleep but I couldn’t, because I had to try and find a hotel for the big race in Oxford. No rooms. By this time it was 5 pm. I was so tired and so angry and even my lovely boyfriend could not cheer me up. So I decided to go to bed and wait for a better day. Couldn’t fall asleep. It was 5 after all. Ate pizza at 6. Decided to buy some Ospreys stash as therapy. CARD DECLINED. Card declined?! Please shoot me now.

Kommentare